About the Client
US-based Xandex, Inc. manufactures and sells the Kubi Telepresence Robot. This motorized robot is designed for use with Apple and Android devices and allows a remote user to have a physical presence during video conferences. They partnered with us to incorporate the IoT solution, add new modules to the product, and improve the user experience.
- Determining outdated APIs that required replacement
- Developing a user-friendly interface for the application
- Ensuring Kubi is responsive across different operating systems and devices
- Providing support for technicians to troubleshoot the product without audit logs
- Creating SDKs for white-labeling the IoT application and integrating with third-party software
To enhance the Kubi product, we reviewed the existing application code, compiled information on challenges faced by current users, and gained insight into the Kubi team’s product vision. The following are the key project objectives identified:
- We replaced the reliance on third-party APIs like Pusher with more modern APIs such as Firebase, resulting in cost savings.
- We also created standalone SDKs for iOS and Android so that other customers can easily integrate this IoT solution into their existing iPhone and Android mobile apps.
- We implemented an audit trail to allow the support department to access usage logs and ensure that end users do not experience technical difficulties while using the product.
We carefully researched the best-fit APIs that reduced costs and minimized code-level maintenance, and utilized agile methodology to upgrade the application and regularly release updates on schedule. Through this approach, we achieve the following:
Kubi Case Study
Download this case study to learn more about how we helped Kubi. Looking for a similar solution? Get in touch with us today!
Download Case Study
We are “intu” discussing your project ideas and breathing life into them. What do you say?